A Yemeni Airbus 310 crashed today near the shore of Comoros after being reported to perform a missed approach and a second approach into runway 20 in Moroni.What is currently known:
- The aircraft was an Airbus A310-300 operated by Yemenia Air.
- Flight Number IY626 from Sana’a, Yemen to Moroni, The Comoro Islands.
- 153 people were on board: 142 passengers and 11 crew members.
- The Debris was discovered Tuesday, June 30, just off the coast of Grande Comore.
- Aircraft delivered in 1990 operated for Yemenia airlines since 1999.
- An approach, a missed approach and a second attempt were reported by eye witnesses.
- One survivor is reported to be rescued.
- Strong, gusty winds were reported at the airport during the time of the accident.