- You’ll be issued a specific instruction to either cross or hold short of each runway on your taxi route.
- ATC will no longer let you cross multiple runways. Instructions to cross each runway would be given one at a time.
- The phrase “taxi to” will no longer be used for taxiing to departure runways. For example,”taxi to runway 36 via…” will become “runway 36, taxi via…”.
Under the new rule, when operating in a towered airport, you may only cross a hold-short line in one of three conditions:
- You were specifically cleared to “cross runway XX”.
- ATC gave you a “Position and hold” clearance, or
- you were cleared for takeoff on that runway.
The following animation from the FAA demonstrates the new procedures: